Tusfiles Problem - Can't Open File

For help with things related to eBookoz and filehosts
Upstate
Donator/VIP

Tusfiles Problem - Can't Open File

Unread post by Upstate »

I am having a problem downloading a book, despite having downloaded many books before.

The book is "The Answer Is... by Alex Trebek" but when I try to download it, the filename has "The Answer Is... by Alex Trebek. by Alex Trebek" (the Alex Trebek is there twice) and the "Save as type" instead of being epub it says "BY ALEX TREBEK File (*. by Alex Trebek)." It will download it, but it is not an epub and there is no way to open it.

I have only had this problem with one other book. I have whitelisted tusfiles, and it is not blocked by any virus software.

I can click on any other books on the page, and they download fine with epub as the file type.

Has anyone else encountered this? Thank you.

Upstate (Deb)

Edited by sniksnak: Clarified subject line.

sniksnak
Site Admin

Re: Tusfiles problem

Unread post by sniksnak »

I downloaded the file which is The Answer Is ... by Alex Trebek;.epub just fine. I opened it in Calibre and am able to read it as an epub. I converted it to mobi, transferred the file to my Kindle and am able to read it as a mobi.

Did you try renaming the file? Perhaps your system doesn't like the ... and that odd ; stuck in the file. Try renaming it as The Answer Is - Alex Trebek.epub and see what happens.
I'm located in Louisiana, USA.
Please donate to keep this board operating. Any dollar amount will be deeply appreciated.
Don't forget to leave your sentiments to our Birthday Members! πŸŽ‚

sniksnak
Site Admin

Re: Tusfiles Problem - Can't Open File

Ok, there's a bit of misunderstanding here. I just received a PM from another member with the same problem. Let me clarify my post above.

Don't rename the file on your hard drive. Go to the file sitting on TusFiles' servers and do a Save As, then rename the file in the window that pops up as The Answer Is - Alex Trebek.epub - hopefully that will do the trick. Y'all let me know if it does or doesn't by replying to this thread. Thanks. 😊
Please donate to keep this board operating. Any dollar amount will be deeply appreciated.

Upstate
Donator/VIP

Unread post by Upstate »

I can't rename it, it comes up in the window as TusFiles _ Free File Storage.html

sniksnak
Site Admin

I'm using a laptop. I was able to Save As and rename the file, so I don't understand what the problem is on your end.

Let me just simplify things. It's a 40+mb file, so will take a bit for me (especially with my pitiful WiFi) to upload it to sendspace instead of TusFiles. I'll PM you two when I have the new link in the post.

sniksnak
Site Admin

Well, that's VERY interesting! I ran Addicted's file through Calibre as I mentioned, but Calibre reduced the file from 40+mb to 7.8mb which is much more like it since it's a memoir and there are quite a few photos in his book. When I get it uploaded, I'll just add another link since there's obviously something wrong if it's not run through Calibre for some folk.