Satiating the book cravings

Talk about eBooks with other enthusiasts
VoraciousReader

Unread post by VoraciousReader »

Hello everyone,

What sites (other than the ones for downloading) do you frequent that are related to books?
Places for reviews, blogs, book clubs, and other places that I don't know of :mrgreen: .

One that like is:
conqueringtheclassics - It's a personal reading blog with impressions, a knowledge panel and a list of interesting bits in the book (and it's not mine, so no endorsments/advertisements going on here ;) )

Toodle-oo
sniksnak
Former Staff

Re: Satiating the book cravings

Unread post by sniksnak »

[mention]VoraciousReader[/mention] Just a reminder: Please adhere to the Board Rules. You must post in the correct forum so that your topic won't be closed due to not following the said rules. 😊
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
VoraciousReader

sniksnak wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:13 pm
My bad, just saw the word lounge, and went straight in without reading what was written under it.
sniksnak
Former Staff

Unread post by sniksnak »

This has been a busy day. I've been back long enough from cardiac rehab to have another shower and build a pot of coffee. I'm an avid coffee drinker - strong, strong dark roast with no sugar or cream. ☕️

There have been many sites I've stayed with for a while, but always moved on. However, there are three great ones that I've been with since their respective founding days - Goodreads (back when it was under the control of the founders and original owners, the Chandlers - I actually cried when they sold to Amazon), BookBub and The Good Book Fairy. The other great thing about all three, they're all free services.

As I state on my GR profile, I'm a voracious reader. I had set this year's reading goal for 200 books; thanks to the Covid lockdown, I've already read 156. I have used the site since its inception though I didn't actually open an account with them until 2011. That was only because I decided I wanted to keep up with what I was reading and what I wanted to read with them instead of the manual way I'd done for years. Since the 5th grade, I've written all my books down that I would like to read and did read in notebooks. I have six office storage boxes filled with notebooks and one 3/4 filled - I stopped writing them down in 2011 when I finally opened my GR account. How I wish such an animal existed when I was a kid! It's a great resource for reviews and discussion of your favorite books and/or genres. Most folk use it as a social platform, but I don't go to that extent. After all these years, I have only 29 Friends and the majority of those are from this board. 😸 That's the main reason I keep my profile private.

I subscribe to BookBub and have since 2012. It has free and discounted ebooks selected by its editorial team, as well as book recommendations, updates from authors, and articles about books. I used to read their blog, but now I only read the daily newsletter, grab any free ebooks that interest me and move on to other things.

Since 2008 I've subscribed to the blog, The Good Book Fairy. She has cute little stories, a great monthly newsletter filled with about 10 or so reviews per issue and links to great books. If you are a subscriber living in the US, you can sign up for her ebook giveaways. I have gotten quite a few giveaways I really wanted to read through her site.
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
VoraciousReader

sniksnak wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:33 am
Hey Sniksnak, hope you are doing fine now.
Goodreads has been the extent of my book searching knowledge for many many years now, so thanks for the other recommendations.
ThomasFag

Unread post by ThomasFag »

Since I have come back here after a long LONG absence I see I am still the Grand Bartender so drink are on the house

lets start it off with a yeunglng for Ian

variant3
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

ThomasEnlab wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:20 pm Its a fantastic book, explains everything very clearly and is a good point of reference when you need something quick and its on the tip of your tongue.
What book are so fantastic?

[mention]ThomasEnlab[/mention]
If you download books, please consider
becoming a supporter
:D - Thanks everyone, this site would not be able to survive without the continuous support of members like you

Donate Here Image