COVID 19 How is everyone holding up?

Chat about anything non-ebook.
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: COVID 19 How is everyone holding up?

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

carl.d wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:03 pm I'm glad to say I've had my first Covid jab (astrazenica) no after effects, so happy days
Wonderful, That is excellent news

Here by us (South Africa) only the Healthcare workers received a vaccine so far

AstraZeneca were suspended as it is not effective against the variant that were found here
carl.d
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by carl.d »

Apparently the UK government & World health organisation (Who) says it it, France, Germany & Poland suspend the roll out of astrazenica because of links to blood clots, which is a lie, it all about fair distribution of the drug.. I think its political because the UK have vaccinated 26 million adults, Europe are way behind
Que Será, Será
carl.d
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by carl.d »

On a go note, despite the volume of vacancies ordered by the UK government. What excess we have will be given free to those countries who cannot afford it.
Que Será, Será
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

I truly believe everything is about politics these days - as for behind yikes only 168 423 frontline health care staff have been vaccinated so far

COVID were the perfect opportunity for our corrupt government to line their pockets and in the end they missed the deadline to make the first payment for vaccines - India send us our first batch.

Pffft we had some weird restrictions - at one time booze and smokes were banned and the black market took over - In the beginning we weren't even allowed to buy clothes and then later only certain clothes - It boggled everyone's minds

That is Africa for you
carl.d
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by carl.d »

AddictedToReading

Despite the struggles, the world is watching, we will come together and get through this pandemic
Que Será, Será
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

carl.d wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:59 pm AddictedToReading

Despite the struggles, the world is watching, we will come together and get through this pandemic
Every cloud has a silver lining :D
Tooterkins
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by Tooterkins »

I had my second Covid dose (Moderna) on March 14th, also with no side effects. I'm feeling pretty good about that. Now I can visit and hug my grandchildren!! 💉💪
"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read".

Mark Twain
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tooterkins wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:35 pm I had my second Covid dose (Moderna) on March 14th, also with no side effects. I'm feeling pretty good about that. Now I can visit and hug my grandchildren!! 💉💪
That is amazing Tooterkins ♥♥ “A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty.”
Sashay

Unread post by Sashay »

AddictedToReading wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:46 pmPffft we had some weird restrictions - at one time booze and smokes were banned and the black market took over - In the beginning we weren't even allowed to buy clothes and then later only certain clothes - It boggled everyone's minds
What reasoning did they use to ban alcohol and tobacco? Not that I am fond of either, it just seems weird. And only certain clothes? :shock:

It's lovely to read fellow ebookers are being vaccinated with no side effects! <3 I am in the waitlist for AstraZeneca. I must admit I kind of freaked out at the clot news, but I'm determined to get the vaccine when my turn is up.
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sashay wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:34 am What reasoning did they use to ban alcohol and tobacco? Not that I am fond of either, it just seems weird. And only certain clothes? :shock:
You can read about it Here

Our Government lost the plot and got power-crazed :cry:

It is going to be a while before the "normal" man on street can access the vaccine here by us - Holding Thumbs yours goes well -
Sashay

Unread post by Sashay »

Just checking in with you all, I hope you are fine and safe and hungry for books <3
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by siberian202angel »

Sashay wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:01 am Just checking in with you all, I hope you are fine and safe and hungry for books <3
Numbers are still rising here, despite vaccinations (too slow, too little), but people seem to be taking it in stride, mostly. There are still those who rebel, but compared to earlier times, they too seem to have run out of steam.
Falling in with the 2nd priority group, I have received my first dose of Biontech/Pfizer and other than a short but violent bout of vertigo, I suffered no other side effects. Now I'm looking forward to the second shot and am happy see the whole vaccination campaign gain velocity nationwide ... maybe there really is light at the end of the tunnel.
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
hecatereads

Unread post by hecatereads »

You all, I just got vaccinated for the first dose, and the next is on December 15th.
And we're hoping my parents could get vaccinated also this coming Monday.
I'm praying that they'll be safe from after effects. It's the second day, and I'm lucky that I am not experiencing severe after effects. I'm really praying hard that they'll be safe. Even if I got through the first two days, there's a one week window in this. I'm still monitoring myself. But obviously, life goes on. So, tomorrow, handwash-laundry day! (^___^")
Apologies. I'll be back by June or July 2022. By then, I might be able to juggle life by then. Lol.
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

We will pray with you ....
hecatereads wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:55 am I'm praying that they'll be safe from after effects. It's the second day, and I'm lucky that I am not experiencing severe after effects. I'm really praying hard that they'll be safe. (^___^")
A new Covid-19 variant has been detected in SA - The variant has a large number of mutations in its spike protein, which may enable it to transmit easily from person to person.
It may also allow it to escape protection from vaccines and natural infection, but lab studies are underway to confirm this....

Most countries are imposing travel bans on South Africa since yesterday so I guess we are facing a stricter lock down....
hecatereads wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:55 am But obviously, life goes on. So, tomorrow, handwash-laundry day! (^___^")

:lol: :lol: and posting books
hecatereads

Unread post by hecatereads »

AddictedToReading wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:07 am
hecatereads wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:55 am But obviously, life goes on. So, tomorrow, handwash-laundry day! (^___^")

:lol: :lol: and posting books
hahaha yes! I just realised, it's tomorrow now here. :lol:
Apologies. I'll be back by June or July 2022. By then, I might be able to juggle life by then. Lol.