So Ungrateful.

Talk about eBooks with other enthusiasts
NGC300
Major eBook Poster

So Ungrateful.

Post by NGC300 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:24 am

@NGC300 I received a PM wanting to know why members are being pointed to a grouping when the original request is for one book. If the member is requesting a single book that has been uploaded and now has an inactive link, please upload that individual book. Thanks.
The above quibble by a member has clearly ruffled my feathers.

Is that member so indolent and addicted to shortcuts that he/she cannot even delete the books that he/she doesn't need in the series?

The board is operated solely by volunteers; they do a great deal of hard work to fulfil requests. So keeping that in mind, posting a book separately wastes bandwidth and time, when it's already available in an archive.

That member is so ungrateful.

shining starts

Re: So Ungrateful.

Post by shining starts » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:49 am

Very true, I also experience this how to find s request book and then upload them really hard work, I Appreciate @NGC300 struggle and keeping this forum always update with books, much love, and respect for you.

Sara Ali :)

sniksnak
Site Admin

Post by sniksnak » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:05 am

I'm so sorry to say, it's all part of a message board. You should see the PMs I get on a daily basis. And some of the tale-bearing that goes on here about what others are doing or not doing. Unreal. Like a bunch of pre-schoolers. Johnny did this. Susie didn't do that. There are nights I go to bed so frustrated with the whims on the board that it's a wonder my 68 year old heart doesn't have another coronary.

Another thing that really chaps my butt is the lack of courtesy by some. Just a link to the book on GR or Amazon. Worse of all is just adding a . in the body of the email. Why not say thank you? Just gimme the book and leave. Sad.

We are living in a ME generation. I can't imagine what future generations will produce.

It's tough, too, to do voluntary work and your efforts aren't appreciated. I know I don't say this often enough, but I truly appreciate all the work the Hunters and other uploaders do. Thank you, thank you, All.
I'm a bibliophile, ailurophile, cynophilist, and taphophile from the Deep South, USA.
"People can lose their lives in libraries. They ought to be warned." ~ Saul Bellow, Canadian-American Writer

AddictedToReading

Post by AddictedToReading » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:02 pm

I also Thank You all for the hard work

You are all appreciated
Books are a uniquely portable magic.–Stephen King

birdofhermes

Post by birdofhermes » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:14 pm

I find it mindboggling - all these users who ignore the posting rules, don't even bother to greet and thank the people who go to the trouble of sharing books with them, or whine about having to make an extra click or two to download their requested books. 'Choosing beggars' comes to mind :roll:

Gee, guys, you are getting awesome, free books, what more do you want? :? You are not entitled to them, people share them with you as a favour. Surely a little appreciation wouldn't go amiss?

However, it's unlikely that the guilty parties will ever read this. They probably only pop in to demand books and not browse other sections of the forum.

I'm really grateful to every single person who has ever fulfilled one of my requests, or even just taken the time to check whether they owned/could find the books I'd requested. Thank you, guys, you are marvellous! Every time my request is fulfilled, it feels like I've received an impromptu gift from a kind stranger (which, I suppose, is exactly what it is) :)

asolitaryblue

Post by asolitaryblue » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:21 pm

That is really ungrateful. It takes all of two seconds to delete the books you don't want. Also, personally, I prefer collections because all the books of that author are there and if you like one book of the series, you can move on to the next. I'm grateful for each fulfilled request, in whatever format, epub or even PDF, from whatever file sharing service, no matter how many pop-up screen I have to close!

So thank you all!! I'm already 8 books ahead of my Goodreads Challenge for this year thanks to you all!
There is no Frigate like a Book to take us Lands away
Nor any Coursers like a Page of prancing Poetry
This Traverse may the poorest take without oppress of Toll
How frugal is the Chariot that bears the Human Soul

-Emily Dickinson

siberian202angel

Post by siberian202angel » Wed May 01, 2019 3:18 am

I am beyond grateful for the work that's being done here on a daily, voluntary basis. It's the least I can do to say thanks in advance in my requests, especially seeing that I cannot add to the post once it's moved to the fulfilled section.

In general, that's how my generation and the older ones have been brought up - saying please and thank you. Unfortunately I notice the absence of manners these days, as well as proper attention to writing in full sentences. I mean, I know English isn't my primary language, so I'm bound to make a mistake her and there ... but at least I'm trying.

Again, thank you SO much for your dedication to this board.
Happy reading! :D

Cookie88

Post by Cookie88 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:37 am

I am one of those that was redirected by @NGC300 to a collection that was updated but I didn't mind, in fact I'm happy and grateful. I requested a book because I like the author and if this author have other bunch of books already available in the board then it's my lucky day, especially if it's a series. It would only take me a couple of seconds to unzip the file, a few more seconds or a minute to click duplicates on my end for deleting and voila! It's crazy why other people find it hard. Besides who are we to complain when we are the ones benefiting from this, guys we are getting free ebooks!

So to everyone, big THANK YOU!!!