Does anybody even read?

Talk about eBooks with other enthusiasts
NGC300
Major eBook Poster
Major eBook Poster

Does anybody even read?

Unread post by NGC300 »

I am witnessing a pattern: A couple of members, almost on a daily basis, just post requests.

Apparently, those members are just appending their digital libraries; rather than reading.

In my humble opinion, a check should be set in place; the present one is too mild.
sniksnak
Former Staff

Re: Does anybody even read?

Unread post by sniksnak »

[mention]NGC300[/mention], Smasher and I have noticed this. It has really gotten abused, very abused in the past few months. There seems to always be a few bad apples in the barrel to spoil the rest. He and I are discussing what we plan to do. Nothing is definite yet. If you have any suggestions, please PM me. Thanks, Suse
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
Rain2018

Unread post by Rain2018 »

I read the books I get but I also get books for my daughter...I am very thankful for finding this site for free and appreciate all the hard work everyone does Thank You
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

First of all I just want to say thank you for making it possible to enjoy reading anything we want.....I am starting to recognize members usernames as there are a few with new request every day. Yes, I am admitting that I am addicted to Ebookoz, I have to visit every night before bed time.
The thing that I find annoying is that some members almost demand that their request must be filled immediately. I sometimes just shake my head at humans, we always want, want without a thought where it comes from or that this for free. And then most are like children when it comes to the board rules, I bet you half don't even realize its to make it easier to find the books they are requesting.
You should set up a Go Fund Me page where we can donate a few $ to say thank you for the hard work.
If you download books, please consider
becoming a supporter
:D - Thanks everyone, this site would not be able to survive without the continuous support of members like you

Donate Here Image
reb9999

Unread post by reb9999 »

yep, I'm a fast reader. Like boom, one book in one hour or less... yes definitely need a donation page to help fund the forum, give a title/status to donors to help boost or promote the donation like they do in other forums
sniksnak
Former Staff

We sent out a letter to the entire membership this morning with a notice that the Board Rules have been revamped and the change is effective immediately. We have decreased the amount of daily requests.
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
Yorkfield

Unread post by Yorkfield »

AddictedToReading wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:22 pm I have to visit every night before bed time.
I do the same
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

sniksnak wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:50 am We sent out a letter to the entire membership this morning with a notice that the Board Rules have been revamped and the change is effective immediately. We have decreased the amount of daily requests.
Excellent Idea....Thank You again
If you download books, please consider
becoming a supporter
:D - Thanks everyone, this site would not be able to survive without the continuous support of members like you

Donate Here Image
lynngtx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by lynngtx »

I know I am very guilty of requesting many books and I really do appreciate all the ones I've received. I also request books for my husband, who is an avid and fast reader. I have been collecting books in readiness for when we go traveling for 4 months in our motorhome and can at times be without any internet. I have become a little obsessed with this site since finding it and I would love to be able to share books as much as other people do. However, I don't have as many books, but I do look to see if I can share anything daily.
Many thanks to all the hunters, and the admin members.
With my luck, when my ship comes in, I'll be at the airport
sniksnak
Former Staff

What's amazing, Gang, is that y'all who have commented here so far aren't the guilty parties. Y'all do contribute to the forums, either by contributing shares or leaving comments in other forums. It's the ones who abused that limit without participating elsewhere in the forums who has caused them to be cut back.

What really rankled my old hide is the Discussion forum, especially when it comes to birthdays. I'd gotten a slew of PMs during the past year wanting birthdays to be shown at the end of the board. I enabled that feature around August, but a couple of months later Smasher disabled it. The PMs started up again, so I finally enabled it again. And what happened?

The same small handful of folk out of well over 1700 members post to the birthday people. Some of us are all alone in this world and a brief line on their yearly special day would probably bring a cheerful, bright spot in their lives, even if it's only for one day out of the year. It's the lack of thoughtfulness and caring of others that dumbfounded me. We don't know what trials and tribulations others have, so you would think ... well, enough said.

The Team gets dozens of PMs weekly griping about their topics being ignored, where are their books, the rules shouldn't be so hard (???), that we ask for too much information, and on and on and on. Some days we feel like we've dealt with 5 year olds stamping their feet with their grubby little hands out wanting, wanting, wanting. We have to respond to them and explain to be patient, that not all books will be found, that someone has to buy them and place them online for sharing, to read the rules and follow them, to follow instructions we post in the topics, that we sometimes spend up to 3/4 of an hour looking for one book, then having to jump through the various sites' hoops to download it and bring it into our systems, then upload, then post it in the topic. This isn't a paying job for a single one of us. We do it because we love books and want to share what we have and what we can locate online, that the books aren't costing them a single cent, etc., etc., etc. We, at times, want to tell them to go look for the books themselves. Just makes me so tired telling y'all this.
Delete = destroy.
RaiderJakub

Unread post by RaiderJakub »

The change to 4 books per 24 hrs is very fair. 7 books before seemed a little much. It takes at least half a day to get through reading a single book, so 4 should be enough to last for an extra day for those times we don't have access to internet.

Really appreciate the dedication of the ebookoz.net community. You don't know what your help means to poor students like us. Our stupid school library puts restrictions to our reading materials and you are helping us so much with our requests.

I cannot thank y'all enough. Have an awesome next week. (Cheap v-day candy on the 15th)
Cruimh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by Cruimh »

Appreciate all the hard work and think you people are incredibly generous with your time helping us.
MinistryOfFear
Donator/VIP
Donator/VIP

Unread post by MinistryOfFear »

I agree with you're limit and am just thankful that such a wonderful site exists. The books that have been found for me are mostly really rare and without you lot I would not be able to have read them. I've only requested a few since joining but have also enjoyed books from your archive as well and found some really interesting ones that others had requested. Just wanted to let you know that you are really appreciated.
Heidi

Unread post by Heidi »

As per some of the other posts, since finding this site i find i am addicted to looking what has been posted. I do read quickly - about 1 book every day or so and I also do requests for a couple of elderly friends who are not very good with computers but are OK on their kindles (if i load the content on for them). Just wanted to say how much I appreciate all the book shares for myself and my friends. I will also try to be a better citizen and try to share more (although i dont have such an extensive library as some of you guys appear to have).
max92

Unread post by max92 »

RaiderJakub wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:02 pm The change to 4 books per 24 hrs is very fair. 7 books before seemed a little much. It takes at least half a day to get through reading a single book, so 4 should be enough to last for an extra day for those times we don't have access to internet.

Really appreciate the dedication of the ebookoz.net community. You don't know what your help means to poor students like us. Our stupid school library puts restrictions to our reading materials and you are helping us so much with our requests.

I cannot thank y'all enough. Have an awesome next week. (Cheap v-day candy on the 15th)
agreed, and it's 8 books before, now it's 4. I still think it's fair though, I'm a fast reader as well, but well, like sniksnak said, it's not a paid job, if the forum is to be expanded, a donation feature has to be added, for the sake of the admins, mods, hunters, etc.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
- George Bernard Shaw