Suggestions?

Talk about eBooks with other enthusiasts
Johnboytest

Suggestions?

Unread post by Johnboytest »

I don't know where to find the book with the kind of protagonist I want. I like the Artemis Fowl series because of the genius of the protagonist and how it showed him mature as the series moved on. I guess I want a book that has a genius that uses quick thinking to solve problems. Suggestions? :|
Par
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Suggestions?

Unread post by Par »

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, followed by Wise Mans Fear. Absolutely brilliant fantasy series. Still waiting for the third in the trilogy to be released but read them now, then read them again when it is.
Cookie88
Donator/VIP
Donator/VIP

Unread post by Cookie88 »

Have you tried Dresden files by Jim Butcher?
jeffrey

Unread post by jeffrey »

Ender’s Game. People kept telling me about it and I kept pushing it off. Now I’m mad at myself. Just like you requested the protagonist is a genius who is trained and forced to make a lot of fast and important decisions. I think you’ll also find his character growth to be very enjoyable.
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” -C.S. Lewis

Thank you to everyone here that contributes to my love for the words on a page (or on a screen :D)
Par
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by Par »

Enders game was great, as was the sequel Speaker for the Dead. The rest of the books by this author can quite easily be skipped but those two are really quite good.