Introductions

Talk about eBooks with other enthusiasts
TheDarkOtter

Introductions

Unread post by TheDarkOtter »

I am new here, and I was looking for a place to introduce myself to the fourm, but I don't see a place to do that. An introduction/welcome topic might be a nice way to break the ice and encourage a social atmosphere.
Anyway just a thought. Thanks for the add, and I look forward to being a productive member.
Nothing left to do but Smile, Smile, Smile. :D
sniksnak
Former Staff

Re: Introductions

Unread post by sniksnak »

There is - at the bottom is a series of individual forums for any type of discussion.

viewforum.php?f=11

It's great meeting you and we look forward to your participation. Enjoy the forums! :)

Edited by sniksnak: Moved entire topic to the eBook Social Club forum.
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
laggies
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Morning.

Unread post by laggies »

Good Morning, I am a grandmother of 5. I love to read and unfortunately my grandkids don't. They think something is wrong with me. I love thrillers, mystery and romantic suspense.
sniksnak
Former Staff

I'm proud to belong right along with you, laggies. My name is Susie (yep, that's the name my Daddy gave me - it's my first name on my birth certificate), though almost everyone calls me Suse (rhymes with muse) from my priest and doctors to my neighbors and friends. I can't recall him calling me Susie very often - probably only when I upset him. I was always his "Sugar" as a child and Suse after I hit about 11 or 12.

I'm an American living in my beloved state of Louisiana - the Bayou State - we are 1/3 covered with lakes, bayous, rivers, etc. I am an voracious reader and also love your same reading genres. I also love historical fiction and non-fiction war history, especially from the American Revolution to our current involvements. My Daddy taught me to read before I was able to speak clearly at the age of two and a half.

I'm a widow of 6 1/2 years with a house and yard full of four-legged children - 2 dogs (a Chihuahua named Chiquita - as in the banana - and an elderly half German and half Australian Shepherd named Lily), two house cats (both rescued - a 3 legged little older boy named Tri and a little one year old orange guy named Jinx), and 16 senior feral cats that live in the 16x16 insulated house that my late husband built and attached a cat run for their sole purpose. Just part of the joys of living way out in the country - have all the critters I can afford to feed and take to the vet.

I'm retired though I still work at our library 16 hours a week, volunteer as a foster mom to dogs and cats for a local rescue, am very active in my parish church, love putzing in my yard, and I fill my spare time with books, books, and more books - from heading up a book club for my church's parishioners (I started it 35 years ago - we read any and every thing!) and participating on several online ebook sites.

Great to have you join us here at eBookoz! Hope we can share many, many books. Warmest regards, Suse
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
laggies
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by laggies »

Thank you Suse for the warm welcome, my name is Alta. Will be 70 next year. I live in South Africa. Love the Country. But I am not a busy bee like you are. I don't have a car, go to town once a week and have to walk and it is 10 kilometers to town and 10 kilometers back.
Have a wonderful day,
Alta
AfinaAurora
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by AfinaAurora »

Hi, I'm really glad to be here. :)

I've had some medical problems and reading has really saved my sanity. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their amazing help! I only just found this place yesterday and have already been helped.
sniksnak
Former Staff

AfinaAurora wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:17 am Hi, I'm really glad to be here. :)

I've had some medical problems and reading has really saved my sanity. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their amazing help! I only just found this place yesterday and have already been helped.
So happy to have you with us, AfinaAurora. It's great to have you join us.

Medical issues can be such a pain. My heart aches for you.

I've been battling pneumonia for a number of weeks. Finally went to the doctor (again) today. They slapped me into the hospital. Had to contact my beloved neighbor. He brought me my laptop - my Kindle and it's charger/cable is a permanent fixture no matter where I go - and will feed, water, and look after my wee critters until I get home. Hopefully, I'll be released this Saturday.

Happy reading! 📖
Delete = destroy.
Zeeshan303

Unread post by Zeeshan303 »

Thanks Suse for the warm welcome, My name is Zeeshan from Lahore Pakistan. I am a graduate engineer and also social activist involved many organizations (HR Manager in international Gender Equality Organization), Community manager in Youth Sustainable Impact (YSI) Norway organization and many others.

I am also a book lover like you all but in my country the reading books statics not a good. Thats why we started an organization"Read Pakistan" to promote reading book culture in our youth. I am feeling proud now i have a great platform and such a amazing peoples hopeful i learn much more from your life experiences with books reading. I just know find this section if anything interesting for new members let me know i will check.

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU & MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH HEALTH WEALTH AND PROSPERITY IN YOURS LIFE.
Zeeshan Rasheed from Pakistan
Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
sniksnak
Former Staff

Zeeshan, it's so good to learn about you and your love of reading. Read Pakistan sounds like a wonderful, wonderful organization. I wish you all the success with it. It truly sounds like a labor of love. Thanks for dropping in and letting us get to know you. 😘 📚
Delete = destroy.
ana451

Unread post by ana451 »

Hello! I'm a mom of a toddler and a mature student, based in Toronto, Canada. I used to teach abroad for many years, and this and similar sites got me through my years abroad when getting books in English was extremely difficult and expensive. I'm very grateful to be a part of this community.
sniksnak
Former Staff

[mention]ana451[/mention] It's a pleasure to met you. Hope we can find many more titles for you. Happy reading! Suse :)
Delete = destroy.
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by siberian202angel »

I must've missed this thread when I first signed up and tried to find my footing around here...

Anyway, I'm Nina! :) I'm in my late thirties and I live very rural in the middle of Germany. My day-to-day job is in public administration, split between the residents' registry office and the civil registry office, where I conduct civil marriage ceremonies. My main hobby is reading and I am a voracious reader with an eclectic taste in different genres. Discovering this forum was a godsend for my love of reading, as I prefer reading books in their original language instead of waiting even longer for German translations. Other hobbies include photography and taking long walks either in the forests around here or along the Elbe river.

Happy to be here and grateful of the work everyone puts in! :mrgreen:
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
costaaex

Unread post by costaaex »

I'm 38 years old, married, live in Brazil and I love books of Crime, Mystery and Investigation Trilher since 2014.
Before that I just read technology books for studyng, but I need to read other kindy of books. So I fall in love for the genre of Crime and Mystery and I love series book.
My favourite series is The Bowers Files by Steven James and The Woman's Murder Club by James Patterson.
My others love are my wife, my dog, my family and racing cars.
I want to make friends here and change informations about books!!!
I want to say, that I love this Site and I'm so proud of all people about the team!!!
Congratulations for everybody and God bless you ever and ever!!!
Therium

Unread post by Therium »

Hello everyone! My name is Peter, I'm 28 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I work for an airline, where I am responsible for planning the training sessions of both new and existing employees. These days I read almost solely English books, since dutch translations for my favorite genre (Fantasy) are often rather lacking and it's a fun way to practice the language.
I'm unlikely to participate much in posts, since I'm rather insecure about my English grammar, but since I love what you guys are doing here I wanted to at least introduce myself. :)
sniksnak
Former Staff

Welcome to the board, Peter. A pleasure to have you with us. Don't worry about your English skills - we have a diverse membership covering all parts of the globe. Enjoy the forums! :)
Delete = destroy.