Recent Spammers

Chat about anything non-ebook.
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Recent Spammers

Unread post by siberian202angel »

I don't know how you guys feel about this, but could we please do something about the recent influx of spammers? It's often single posts within existing threads, but sometimes entire new topics. Is there a way to curb that down, like promptly deleting/banning the respective accounts that seem to have been created purely for the reason to post spam links?
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Recent Spammers

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

I do try my best, its done manually and as soon as I am online I start banning and deleting. It takes an hour to do the admin. I am not 24/7 on the board and with my Countries Power issues its a challenge to get everything done at home never-mind managing the board.

They call it loadshedding and it can be up to 4 hours at a time 3 to 4 times daily.

There is a report a post bottom that will hide it until I delete it
If you download books, please consider
becoming a supporter
:D - Thanks everyone, this site would not be able to survive without the continuous support of members like you

Donate Here Image
BookEater
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by BookEater »

I always hit the "Report this post" when I come across the spam posts, as I know you are a one man band and can't be here 24/7.

:lol: :twisted: Maybe you should become a robot that do not need sleep and don't have a life of your one outside eBookoz.

Just take note we do appreciate all you do and my thoughts are with you, with the struggle with electricity
WildWitch

Unread post by WildWitch »

I also hate the spam posts but it is not that big of a deal
siberian202angel wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:38 am like promptly deleting/banning the respective accounts
No offense but that sounds like pointing a finger..... :D maybe you can volunteer to keep an eye on those spammers
AddictedToReading wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:22 am They call it loadshedding and it can be up to 4 hours at a time 3 to 4 times daily.
I've seen the news and I don't know how you guys handle it
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by siberian202angel »

WildWitch wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:48 pm I also hate the spam posts but it is not that big of a deal
siberian202angel wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:38 am like promptly deleting/banning the respective accounts
No offense but that sounds like pointing a finger..... :D maybe you can volunteer to keep an eye on those spammers.
None taken and I apologize if my post meant as a simple inquiry came across as offensive. I am not firm in the inner workings of these boards, hence I didn't know this duty falls to AddictedToReading alone, on top of everything else. I was going to volunteer, but I wasn't sure that logging in only twice a week would suffice for the job. If that would indeed be enough and would help take a small load off of Addicted's hands, I'd be happy to.
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yikes ladies!!! meow ....can I offer the kitties some milk?

I promise you that @siberian202angel didn't mean anything, pointing fingers or being unreasonable....

lol @BookEater I sometimes feel like a robot

@WildWitch :lol: :evil: Not so long ago you were a bad, bad kitty with your comments :lol: Not pointing fingers...just saying
becoming a supporter
:D - Thanks everyone, this site would not be able to survive without the continuous support of members like you

Donate Here Image
RoarkeV

Unread post by RoarkeV »

AddictedToReading wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:22 am I do try my best, its done manually and as soon as I am online I start banning and deleting. It takes an hour to do the admin. I am not 24/7 on the board and with my Countries Power issues its a challenge to get everything done at home never-mind managing the board.

They call it loadshedding and it can be up to 4 hours at a time 3 to 4 times daily.

There is a report a post bottom that will hide it until I delete it
It sounds like us here in South Africa :oops:
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

RoarkeV wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:45 am
It sounds like us here in South Africa :oops:

:geek: It is South Africa.....

Wave...got to to run lovely loadshedding starts now at 12
becoming a supporter

Donate Here Image