DRM issues?

Chat about anything non-ebook.
cinnie0
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

DRM issues?

Unread post by cinnie0 »

Has anyone been having issues with downlaoded books on thier kindle fire? I started a book on 8/10, it worked fine until about 6 days ago. All of a sudden the book wouldnt start and an error message popped up and said that the book was protected by drm and couldnt be read on my fire. I reopened and same thing, had to click on the book about 6 times before it would open. I ended up being able to finish the book. BUT the next book did the same thing. But it wont open after clicking it several times. I had to resend it, it would open up the first time and then start doing the same thing.
Cherrymoonskies
Helper
Helper

Re: DRM issues?

Unread post by Cherrymoonskies »

Happened to me right after an update. Every side loaded book on the tablet would either cause the kindle app to crash and take me back to the main screen, or throw a DRM error and refuse to load.

I fix it by going into settings for the tablet, then going to "Apps & Notifications" and finding the kindle app.

Once you select the kindle app, go ahead and force close it. Then under storage choose "clear storage".
This will clear out the local kindle app of any saved data. Which will leave your side loaded books on the device but reset any reading progress.

Sadly It will also delete any downloaded store purchased books. Though they will still be associated with your account and you will be able to redownload them if you want.
Oh, and your font size and background colors will also be reset to defaults.

Maybe It's just your kindle messing up.....

RESTART it. . . . .you can do it via the software: menu/settings/menu/restart. . . .or via the hardware: slide and hold the power switch for 30-40 seconds.
cinnie0
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by cinnie0 »

Thank you. I will try this and see if it helps. I thought maybe there was an update that was causing it. And it is only happening on my fire but not my galaxy tablet with the kindle app.
I turn my kindle off after I use it and turn it back on when I need it every night.
cinnie0
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by cinnie0 »

Nope, it didnt work. Although I can go into my library and collections and the book will open from there.
Cherrymoonskies
Helper
Helper

I will ask around maybe there is a simple explanation....
cinnie0
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by cinnie0 »

thank you
cinnie0
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by cinnie0 »

Still having these issues. Anything from the home page or for you page comes up with this issue. I have to go into the library and all books and click on book from there. Anyone come up with a way to resolve this?
Cherrymoonskies
Helper
Helper

I would suggest that you have a look at this forum...https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forum ... esc&page=4
cinnie0
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by cinnie0 »

Thank you, will do.
steve6022

Unread post by steve6022 »

Has anybody found a work around for this new EBOK.mbpV2?
I have looked everywhere that I can think of & am completely stuck.
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

Its gruesome ....some could with the USB option but Amazon disabled it as well

https://goodereader.com/blog/kindle/ama ... es-via-usb
If you download books, please consider
becoming a supporter
:D - Thanks everyone, this site would not be able to survive without the continuous support of members like you

Donate Here Image
steve6022

Unread post by steve6022 »

I had a right argument with Amazon today, telling them that they were forcing people to use their reader app & not allowing customers freedom of choice with regards to the reading app of their choice. As usual with Amazon I got the "so what" attitude.