Loading books onto a memry card for kindle fire7 7th gen.

Get help and suggestions from other members
cinnie0
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Loading books onto a memry card for kindle fire7 7th gen.

Unread post by cinnie0 »

Where do I find my books when loaded onto a memory card? When going to storage it shows other but I cant click on it. I tried putting them in the books file but that didnt work either.
I usually just send to kindle but I have a bunch of kids books for my granddaughter, too much to send to kindle.
Thank you
Cherrymoonskies
Helper
Helper

Re: Loading books onto a memry card for kindle fire7 7th gen.

Unread post by Cherrymoonskies »

When first inserting a microSD card into a tablet, you can designate it as portable or internal storage. Note that Fire Tablets only support the FAT32 file system.

Note: The Kindle only support Portable Storage so it must be designate as portable

https://liliputing.com/use-sd-card-amaz ... e-tablets/
cinnie0
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by cinnie0 »

Thank you. My fire did that but the 7th gen doesnt. And it is in the right format.
Sequoia2

Unread post by Sequoia2 »

my hubs fire is much older .. but just asking ... can you load dropbox on and load from there? We use dropbox on his old fire and that way he only actually loads the books he is reading.
cinnie0
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by cinnie0 »

Never tried that before, but it might be little hard for my granddaughter to do. She is only 8. But I will possibly try.
Sequoia2

Unread post by Sequoia2 »

LOL I am always amazed how the young ones can do these things we find difficult ... it doesnt have to be dropbox ... any kind of free online storage that you can get onto through a browser will work. I know the first time on the fire (many years ago) that we did it; it remembered our choices and now when he selects a book it automatically puts it into his reader. I certainly hope that helps. He has a Fire (2017) ... yeah its old but still does what he wants it to.
cinnie0
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by cinnie0 »

Thank you. For now I found a file explorer called Es explorer(?) to go into the memory card and select the books, but hoping for an easier way. I know these little ones are lucky for growing up with it. But not because technology has taken over our lives. Ive seen people who just dont have a clue to using their own phone or never learning how besides the basic call someone.