Best e-reader for windows

Get help and suggestions from other members
carapau

Best e-reader for windows

Unread post by carapau »

I'm kinda new to this e-reading busing and I was wondering which (freeware) software is best for reading e-books on my windows 8 pc. Currently I'm using sumatra pdf which is very light and simple but doesn't have many features. What do you guys recommend?
sniksnak
Former Staff

Re: Best e-reader for windows

Unread post by sniksnak »

On my PC I have a Kindle for PC simply because I've had an Amazon account since they went online. I love my Kindle - bought the very first one they had out. I currently use the Kindle Paperwhite as my reader. I convert epub files to Kindle's files in Calbre and then transfer them to the Kindle.
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
carapau

Unread post by carapau »

Yeah, I also want to buy one but they aren't cheap :( Although I figure it must be well worth it. Reading ebooks on a laptop or desktop is alot more demanding for our eyesight and not as pratical.
sniksnak
Former Staff

One of the very elderly ladies in my church's book club bought a used one on Amazon (from an Amazon seller) for less than $40. However, as I said you don't have to have a Kindle to use the Kindle PC reader that I provided the link for. You just convert the epub files to mobi in order to read them. That's why I love Calibre so - it keeps all those files in one place on your computer for you. :)
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
carapau

Unread post by carapau »

Yes, I'll look into it. Thanks for the advice. Also thanks a lot for "Once Pined" by Blake Pierce. I was looking for that for ages and couldn't find it for free anywhere. Now I can keep reading the series in order :D
sniksnak
Former Staff

You're welcome. Just holler if you need any assistance regarding the PC reader or Calibre should you decide to download them.

Glad to share my Pierce book. I love his books. :)
Delete = destroy.