General Information about the Board

For help with things related to eBookoz and filehosts
sniksnak
Former Staff

General Information about the Board

Unread post by sniksnak »

User Preferences and settings

How do I change my settings?
If you are a registered user, all your settings are stored in the board database. To alter them, visit your User Control Panel; a link can usually be found by clicking on your username at the top of board pages. This system will allow you to change all your settings and preferences.

How do I prevent my username appearing in the online user listings?
Within your User Control Panel, under Board preferences, you will find the option Hide your online status. Enable this option and you will only appear to the administrators, moderators and yourself. You will be counted as a hidden user.

The times are not correct!
It is possible the time displayed is from a timezone different from the one you are in. If this is the case, visit your User Control Panel and change your timezone to match your particular area, e.g. London, Paris, New York, Sydney, etc. Please note that changing the timezone, like most settings, can only be done by registered users. If you are not registered, this is a good time to do so.

What is the image next to my username?
It is known as an avatar and is generally unique or personal to each user.

How do I display an avatar?
Within your User Control Panel, under Profile you can add an avatar by using one of the four following methods: Gravatar, Gallery, Remote or Upload. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and to choose the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars, contact a board administrator.

When I click the email link for a user it asks me to login?
Only registered users can send email to other users via the built-in email form. This is to prevent malicious use of the email system by anonymous users.
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author