Requests, Re-Requests, Bumps, Where is My Book, and Patience

For help with things related to eBookoz and filehosts
sniksnak
Former Staff

Requests, Re-Requests, Bumps, Where is My Book, and Patience

Unread post by sniksnak »

If members would read the Board Rules, they would find that all this I'm telling you is covered in them. The Mods, Hunters and I have explained so many times it's becoming a huge chore to keep up with the PMs from members. I personally receive anywhere from 15-30 PMs daily with just concerns that are all covered in the rules.

Please help us cut down on the amount of PMs we receive each day by reading the rules when you have a question. More than likely your question will be answered by reading them. If the answer isn't there or isn't to your liking, please use this forum, Help & Support, to post your concern.

The following are members' concerns that I receive by PM almost every week of the year:

1. Requests - The Request forum is strictly for requests. Please don't add commentary that is irrelevant to the book you are wanting. We have a Discussion forum at the bottom of the board. Use it. No, we DO NOT provide links via PM, nor are members permitted to provide links to other members via PM. This is a banning offense. Be fair to the rest of the membership. We are a sharing community. Links are to be provided for the entire membership.

2. Re-Request - Please place the word as I have it in your subject line - it's not Re: Re:, Re: Re-Request, request, re-request, re request, or anything else you think you can get away with - it's Re-Request. The only time you use it is when you've searched the board and find that the book is on here but the link is inactive. Stop and think about it - you cannot Re-Request a book if it's not on the board in the first place.

3. Bump - Only you can bump your own posts. Don't add any commentary - simply type Bump and submit your post. Do not bump other folks' posts. If you want to know when a link is provided, subscribe to the post so that you will get an email notification should a link be provided.

4. Where Is My Book? - I've already made a post about this in this forum, but apparently it bears repeating. If there is NO LINK, it hasn't been located yet. Not every book is found and not all books are uploaded to the internet. Someone, somewhere has to purchase the book, then be willing to share it by uploading it to a download site. No book is free.

5. Patience - I know we're living in the ME generation where everyone thinks he/she is entitled and privileged, but that's no excuse to being downright ugly, rude, and profane in your PMs to us. When you see one of the Team posting links, don't interrupt them by shooting off a PM asking about your requests - see #4. And for goodness sakes, don't write a missive telling us about how long you waited while you watched us fill your requests. You have no idea what we're having to do to locate your book. We don't reach out our back door and pluck one off an ebook tree. Many download sites group entire series or titles by the same author into one zip file. We have to download those large files (sometimes 200-300mb each), extract what title you are wanting, bring it into Calibre to convert it if it's a Kindle book, check to see that the book opens, then upload it, and finally post your link. Many of you sit on Amazon and look only for Kindle Unlimited books because you think they are free. Those of us who purchase a monthly subscription to the service to GIVE you the book for FREE have to sign into our Amazon account, download those books, bring them into Calibre, convert to epub (books on Amazon are either azw, azw3, azw4, htmlz, or mobi) so that we can unlock the DRM, and at last, upload to one of our file hosts. All other books, if you will READ the rules, we upload whatever format we find (the least you can do is convert them yourself using Calibre which is a free download or use a free online converter), and finally upload them. And whatever you do, don't you dare send us a PM stating that we are wasting your time because your time is valuable while we are making you wait. Yes, I've had more than one member tell me that, and yes, they are no longer with us.

Reminder: Please check this forum periodically to make sure you aren't missing any instructions or the reporting of any issues on the board. If you cannot remember to check the forum, please subscribe to it for email notification when new posts are made.

Help us help you by being supportive and courteous. Happy reading! đź“š Suse
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author