Lost books

All fulfilled requests will be stored here.
lynngtx

Lost books

Post by lynngtx » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:49 am

Back at the beginning of September, I requested books, but the downloads have vanished from my PC and I can't think why. All my books are double stored so it is a mystery. Would you mind if I re-requested them please?
Many thanks.
Lynn
With my luck, when my ship comes in, I'll be at the airport

sniksnak
Site Admin

Re: Lost books

Post by sniksnak » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:03 am

What a bummer! So sorry. 😿

Make sure that the zippy links are inactive on the board before making any requests. The max requests remain 8 per every 24 hours.

I have backup files on my laptop, PC, external drive, and Cloud. I figure if my laptop, PC, and external drive dies to where I can't get into them, the minute I can get a new laptop, PC, or external drive, I'll be scrabbling around online getting them out of my Craig and then my own Cloud accounts. I have nearly 37,000 books, so I would just absolutely die should I lose any of them.
I'm a bibliophile, ailurophile, cynophilist, and taphophile from the Deep South, USA.
“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” ~ Albert Einstein, American (German-Born) Theoretical Physicist

lynngtx

Re: Lost books

Post by lynngtx » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:07 am

It's not that many but thank you for replying. I do have a back up running every week, so the books that I have got should be safe - she says with confidence (and fingers crossed)! :)
I'll request the ones again tomorrow, many thanks.
With my luck, when my ship comes in, I'll be at the airport