Lost books

For help with things related to eBookoz and filehosts
lynngtx

Lost books

Post by lynngtx » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:49 am

Back at the beginning of September, I requested books, but the downloads have vanished from my PC and I can't think why. All my books are double stored so it is a mystery. Would you mind if I re-requested them please?
Many thanks.
Lynn

sniksnak
Site Admin

Re: Lost books

Post by sniksnak » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:03 am

What a bummer! So sorry. 😿

Make sure that the zippy links are inactive on the board before making any requests. The max requests remain 8 per every 24 hours.

I have backup files on my laptop, PC, external drive, and Cloud. I figure if my laptop, PC, and external drive dies to where I can't get into them, the minute I can get a new laptop, PC, or external drive, I'll be scrabbling around online getting them out of my Craig and then my own, Cloud accounts. I have nearly 37,000 books, so I would just absolutely die should I lose any of them.
I'm a bibliophile, ailurophile, cynophilist, and tadophile from the Deep South, USA.
“Overall, the library held a hushed exultation, as though the cherished volumes were all singing soundlessly within their covers.” ~ Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

lynngtx

Re: Lost books

Post by lynngtx » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:07 am

It's not that many but thank you for replying. I do have a back up running every week, so the books that I have got should be safe - she says with confidence (and fingers crossed)! :)
I'll request the ones again tomorrow, many thanks.