AddictedToReading
Site Admin

Wrong file suffix Bug - Send.cm

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

Some of the uploaded files shows as .mp4 after you downloaded it

It is an ePub file and not a a mp4 - some bug in send.cm

Just rename the .mp4 part to .epub

How to rename a file

The easiest way is by right-clicking on the file and selecting Rename. You can then type a new name for your file and press enter to finish renaming it. A quicker way to rename a file is by first selecting it by left clicking on it, then pressing the F2 key.

How to rename a file on Android

Hold your finger against the downloaded file you want to rename to select it, and then tap the vertical ellipses on the screen to bring up a menu. Choose "Rename" in the menu. The Rename File dialog box is displayed.

Enter a new name for your file, and then tap "Rename." You'll return to the Downloads window where you'll see your file name has been changed.

But of course if in doubt send the uploader a PM

Sashay

Re: Wrong file suffix Bug

Unread post by Sashay »

Thank you! I encountered this problem myself. If I may add something, the renaming trick wasn't working for me. For some reason, my laptop would only allow me to rename the file name "proper", not the file suffix.

In case it doesn't work for others, this is what did the trick for me (take into account this was for a .rar file, as I was downloading a series): instead of clicking the "save file" option, click on the "open with" option, and choose WinRAR.exe instead of the default software you use for audio files. Once it's open, simply extract your files as you normally would - you won't have the compressed file on itself, but you'll have the contents.

(I guess this could potentially work for .epub files but since I don't have a reading software on my laptop I can't really guarantee it'd work)

siberian202angel

Re: Wrong file suffix Bug

Unread post by siberian202angel »

I just encountered that with two files I had requested and I think it happened because there was a space character between the file name and the file extension. It worked for me to save file as, remove the space character and .mp4 and instead putting .epub directly after the file name.
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."

AddictedToReading
Site Admin

Re: Wrong file suffix Bug - Send.cm

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

It seems as if the bug was fixed :D