This topic explains the Board Rules and how a request should be posted.
DO NOT post links that lead to external sites. An Amazon or Goodreads link to the requested book is acceptable to clarify an edition, series name and/or number, author or title.
DO NOT post images of book covers within your request topics. Again, an Amazon or Goodreads link to the requested book is acceptable to clarify an edition, series name and/or number, author or title.
DO NOT post download links that lead to other web sites.
DO NOT advertise or solicit. No posting of ad links anywhere on this board. If you do so, you will be BANNED.
DO NOT post titles that have not been released yet. You can find that information on Amazon. Check that the title has been released in digital format before requesting. Make your post ON OR AFTER the digital release date. If you are outside the US, it may take longer to locate a copy of a newly released book in your country if not released at the same time in the US.
Eight requests maximum within a 24 hour period.
DO NOT create duplicate accounts in order to circumvent the maximum eight (8) requests every 24 hours. If you do, your accounts will be deactivated and you will be PERMANENTLY BANNED.
We offer digital ebooks only - NO MAGAZINES, NO AUDIO.
Active (not found) requests older than 15 days will automatically be deleted. Once deleted, you may request the same title again.
Check Amazon for release dates and Goodreads for series info. Goodreads almost always provides series names and numbers.
Search the board to make sure that your request hasn't already been requested by another member. For best results, search by author rather than title.
Not all requests can or will be filled. Any member can help fill a request - referred to as a Hunter. To those who do, make sure that the requesting member has followed the Board Rules before leaving a link. Use a file sharing site such as Zippyshare to upload the ebook, then provide the link to the member in the request topic, not by PM. Do not upload zip files - upload epub, mobi, azw3, or pdf files only. Don't convert pdf files to epub or mobi without remastering the entire ebook - which we don't expect anyone to do due to the considerable time, effort, and skill it takes.
Make sure you spell correctly. Make use of the Preview button to proof your requests. Assigned Hunters copy and paste from what you post that appears to them via email notification. If the spelling is wrong, it's possible your request will not be found.
If we ask you to edit your post, please do so within 24 hours. Otherwise, your request won't be filled and will be closed.
HOW TO EDIT YOUR POSTS: To edit your posts, depending on your device, click on the little pencil icon or the drop down menu or the three little dots on the right hand side of your post's subject line. Always edit the original post.
WHEN ASKED TO MAKE CORRECTIONS: The OP is expected to make his/her own corrections and is given time to make the correction. Again, if it's ignored for 24 hours, it's moved to Closed so that someone else can request it properly.
Once your request has been filled, it will be moved to the Closed (Fulfilled) eBook Requests forum.
DO NOT give out your email on the board. Send the member a PM (private message).
Make sure that you post in the designated forums. If you post requests in any other forum than eBook Requests, your requests will automatically be deleted.
Please note - Long Titles: For example - The Pianist: The Extraordinary Story of One Man's Survival in Warsaw, 1939–45. The actual title is The Pianist. The rest is a subtitle. Another example - Torn: The thrilling conclusion to Broken Youth and Black Tears. In this case, the title is simply Torn. The rest is a description. Therefore, usually - take note - usually anything following a colon can be left off in the subject line. Of course, when in doubt, use the entire title that Goodreads or Amazon uses.
DO NOT place in parentheses the words translator, editor, etc. behind the author's name. If there is no actual author, then the translator or editor is the author. That's how we will search for the book - that's how your local library will list such a book. Parentheses (or brackets) are strictly used for series and number.
Should your request have an incorrect link or poorly formatted book, PM the uploader so that he/she can correct the existing topic. Don't create a duplicate request by posting a new topic.
How should the topic's title (subject line) look like?
• The topics title must be in a correct format to have a clear overview what is getting requested:
[Name of Book] by [Author Name][Series info, if any]
Example: Ever the Brave by Erin Summerill (Clash of Kingdoms #2)
• There is no need to add "Request" or "Req" in the title as you already are at the request section.
• If a link has expired on a previously requested title, the topic's title should look like this:
[Re-Request Name of Book] by [Author Name][Series info, if any]
Example: Re-Request Ever the Brave by Erin Summerill (Clash of Kingdoms #2)
REMINDER: A Re-Request is when a book has been previously requested and found, but the link is now inactive. This is the ONLY time you use Re-Request.
What information should I include in my request?
• The name of the eBook and author
• All requests are for books written in or translated into English.
• All requests for books should be written in English.
• DO NOT type your requests in all caps. In the internet environment, all caps is considered shouting, plus it's harder to read. Use all caps only for acronyms.
• One ebook per request: No multiple-book requests allowed. Please make a separate request for EACH book.
• "Books by" "Series by" or "Anything by" requests are not allowed.
• Only series information goes in parentheses in the subject line.
• If your request has a specific edition, the edition number goes behind the title of the book. That can be abbreviated. For example: Third Edition can be abbreviated as 3E.
• Your request will be deleted if there has not been a reply within 15 days.
• You are allowed to bump a request 2 times. A bump is ANY post in a topic. The purpose of a bump is to bring it from back pages to the main page of that forum. You can do this twice within the 15 day rule. Choose your time wisely.
• Please be civil and courteous (a thank you goes a long way). Be mature and don't be argumentative or combative with the Moderators and assigned Hunters.
Remember - Eight (8) requests maximum within a 24 hour period.
DO NOT HOT-LINK. Hot-linking is bandwidth theft and is strictly prohibited on this board. Hot-linking will result in the member being permanently banned.
Edited by sniksnak: Added to not convert pdf files. Sep 2, 2018
Edited by sniksnak: Merged IMPORTANT - Please Read topic with BOARD RULES & How to Post a Request topic. Jly 4, 2018
Edited by sniksnak: Member PMed what a "bump" is. Explained its terminology. Apr 23, 2018
Edited by sniksnak: Added notice to not hot-link. Apr 2, 2018
Edited by sniksnak: A reminder as to when to use Re-Request. Mar 9, 2018
Post new eBook requests here. Read the Board Rules BEFORE making your requests. DO NOT upload ZIP files.
1 post • Page 1 of 1