COVID 19 How is everyone holding up?

Chat about anything non-ebook.
asolitaryblue
Donator/VIP
Donator/VIP

Re: COVID 19 How is everyone holding up?

Unread post by asolitaryblue »

I think humor is so important during this really dark time. At the beginning of this pandemic, all I did was share stats and news articles etc about covid-19 but it's just become more and more grim. So now I only share humorous things on Facebook and Instagram and leave the ranting and bemoaning for Twitter, where I'm not followed by any of my friends or family so they are not on the receiving end of my personal angst. You gotta laugh it up, otherwise this can really get you down.
“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.”

― Oscar Wilde
sniksnak
Former Staff

Unread post by sniksnak »

In the following Louisiana death stats is an infant. As of noon today:

Positive 16,284
Deaths 582
63 out of 64 parishes infected

I told Addicted this morning that my neighborhood is totally bored out of their minds due to our stay at home order. They keep posting little gifs on our neighborhood watch message board. It's Spring here in the Northern Hemisphere. Another one that brought a smile to my face.

Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
Tooterkins
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by Tooterkins »

COVID-19 Statistics in Virginia:

Positive Tests: 3,333 (+455 from Monday)
People Hospitalized: 563 (+66 from Monday)
COVID-19-Linked Deaths: 63 (+9 from Monday)
People Tested: 28,645 - 24,521 (+4,124 from Monday)
"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read".

Mark Twain
sniksnak
Former Staff

All 50 states, along with Washington, DC have positive cases. Along with DC, 49 states have had deaths. Here are the stats for the US, including Washington, DC.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavi ... -breakdown
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
sniksnak
Former Staff

I was hoping others would post their stats (country or state or county/province). Stats are steadily increasing for my state of Louisiana and the parish in which I live:

Positive 19,253
Deaths 755
Parish in which I live deaths 39
63 out of 64 parishes are have positive cases

The only parish that hasn't reported a COVID case is Tensas Parish which is on the eastern side of the state bordering the state of Mississippi.

Stay safe, Gang!
Delete = destroy.
Tooterkins
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by Tooterkins »

Here are the latest statistics for Virginia on 04/10/20:

Positive Tests: 4,509 (+467 from Thursday)
People Hospitalized: 772 (+87 from Thursday)
COVID-19-Linked Deaths: 121 (+12 from Thursday)
People Tested: 35,459 (+2,433 from Thursday)

I live in Charlottesville (Albemarle County) where there are 43 reported positive tests and 0 (zero) deaths so far. We've been very lucky.
"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read".

Mark Twain
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by siberian202angel »

Germany has 118,235 confirmed cases and 2,736 deaths ... many experts say they're seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and that the measurements taken (excessive testing and minimization of contact) have been helpful. I live in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania and the state - though large, it's rural with a total population of 1,6 millions - is one of those least affected: 601 cases (+15 to the previous day) and 11 deaths (no increase from the previous) so far. I can't find numbers on how many tests have been done in my state, but 87 people are hospitalized and 15 of those are in intensive care.

I think the government will come together on Tuesday via video conference and determine if the measurements will be slackened or continue for a little while longer. Many people are clamoring for the first option, especially as the economy is already taking hard hits worldwide...
It's a fine line considering all aspects, but I hope the right thing will be done.

It's heartbreaking to follow the news all across the globe. All I can do is pray ... stay safe, people!
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
Booklover

Unread post by Booklover »

My country is certainly not out of the woods yet. They are thinking of slackening the measurements too, but as we've just surpassed China when it comes to deaths, that doesn't seem to be a good idea. We'll have to see what our government decides on Wednesday.

Stay safe !
Please respect the admins, moderators, hunters and all the members who are posting books here.
Happy reading!

"Mother" of 2 rescue cats on earth.
"Mother" of one very special cat in heaven. ❤️️ G❤️️
SwampQueen

COVID 19 - How Is Everyone Holding Up?

Unread post by SwampQueen »

Hello there,

I wanted to thank all of the hunters, admins, moderators and everyone else who keeps this site going.

I’m a doctor in the UK and a week ago due to lack of PPE I came down with COVID-19.

I have barely been able to do much but read. I cannot thank you all enough for providing such an important service at this time.

I wish you all the best of health

T x

Edited by sniksnak: Merged topic and changed topic title.
sniksnak
Former Staff

SQ, I'm so sorry to learn of this. Please keep us updated and thank you for your sacrifice in the medical field. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this super difficult time. 😘 🤗
Delete = destroy.
SwampQueen

Unread post by SwampQueen »

Thank you so very much. I will be back at work as soon as I can be.

(Please forgive me for adding to your workload by posting outside this post. So sorry)
Booklover

@SwampQueen

Thank you for all you do! ❤️️❤️️❤️️
Please respect the admins, moderators, hunters and all the members who are posting books here.
Happy reading!

jeffrey

Unread post by jeffrey »

Stay safe everyone. Thank you & G-d bless to all the heroes on the front lines
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” -C.S. Lewis

Thank you to everyone here that contributes to my love for the words on a page (or on a screen :D)
sniksnak
Former Staff

On top of everything else, Louisiana got hammered with deadly tornadoes Easter Sunday. Louisianans had heavy rain, numerous devastating tornadoes and tennis ball sized hail. Where I live we had high, high winds and several hailstorms. It was certainly frightening around here where I live with horrific thunderstorms rolling in one after the other. Thunderstorms don't usually bother me, but my critters were so terrified that I was beginning to experience wave after wave of anxiety. I can't even begin to explain the sound of the winds. At times, the sound was deafening and sounded like a freight train barreling through. My yard is littered with debris. Trees are downed all over the neighborhood. For most of yesterday I was without internet service. I lost cell service for about 90 minutes, but thankfully it was restored and I never lost power, though over half my neighborhood was without power from around 8am until well after midnight.

On the Covid side, our positive cases and deaths are still rising:

Positive 21,016
Deaths 884
All 64 parishes (counties to the rest of Americans) have positive cases as of Saturday

203 positive cases among individuals below 18
2,225 positive cases among individuals ages 18-29
3,339 positive cases among individuals ages 30-39
3,729 positive cases among individuals ages 40-49
4,274 positive cases among individuals ages 50-59
3,711 positive cases among individuals ages 60-69
3,535 positive cases among individuals ages 70+
Delete = destroy.
Booklover

❤️️ Lots of love from Belgium to America/Louisiana, Suse.
Happy reading!