Praying for you, Suse!

AddictedToReading
Global Moderator

Re: Good Wishes for Suse

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

UpDate

Suse lost her Shepherd, Lilly she is heartbroken and suffer some health issues

My heart cries out to her....

She had some damages and have to replace her fence as well as the water line...plus medical bills...

All her food had to be dumped as it was spoiled..

siberian202angel

Unread post by siberian202angel »

I am so very sorry to hear how hard Suse has been hit by the hurricane. As if it's not enough to have health and lives threatened, but to have the life of her furball taken ... my heart goes out to you.
I'll be sending prayers your way, in whatever little way that'll help - stay strong!
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."

Booklover
Retired Moderator

Unread post by Booklover »

Oh Dear Suse. I'm crying for you and your furball. Please stay strong. ❤️️

Please respect the admins, moderators, hunters and all the members who are posting books here.
Happy reading!

"Mother" of 2 rescue cats on earth.
"Mother" of one very special cat in heaven. ❤️️ G❤️️

Tooterkins
Donator/VIP

Unread post by Tooterkins »

Oh Suse I am so sorry to hear about your precious baby. Sending virtual (((hugs))) your way. 😢
"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read".

Mark Twain

asolitaryblue
Donator/VIP

Unread post by asolitaryblue »

Dear Suse,

I'm so sorry to hear about all that you are going through. I'm sending you a big hug and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.”

― Oscar Wilde

autiereader
Donator/VIP

Unread post by autiereader »

How awful and sad :( I'm really new here and haven't had the pleasure of 'meeting' Suse yet, but she seems like a lovely, kind and patient person and I've been checking this post in the hope that things have improved for her. Her poor doggy 💗

Bridie
Donator/VIP

Unread post by Bridie »

I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost Lilly, Suse. It is such a heart breaking time for you. I'm thinking of you and sending hugs. 😢 x

sniksnak
Site Admin

Unread post by sniksnak »

Hidy Gang,

I so deeply appreciate your PMs, e-cards, emails, and texts. Thank you so much for keeping in touch and for all your concerned thoughts. I'm hanging in there, but I still am cleaning up the debris. It's a slow process for me since I've got a few health issues going on right now. But I know I can only do so much, so I rest when I feel like I'm going to give out.

Power and water was restored during the wee hours on Labor Day, Sep 7th. I checked out of the hotel and came straight home as soon as I woke up and saw the text from our electrical co-op. Two days I didn't do anything. My 15 1/2 year old Australian Shepherd/German Shepherd, Lily, hadn't been feeling well since a few days before hurricane hit. I had taken her to the vet the day of the night that Laura hit. I'd wish I'd let her go to the Bridge that day, but in hindsight it was best because I would've had to bury her that evening. There is no way I could have gotten her grave dug on the 26th - it took two days to dig it. I lost her around 5:30pm Labor Day. It's really tough to dig a three foot wide x four foot deep grave in hard clay dirt when you've had a triple by-pass, only have 80% heart function and crying with each shovel of earth I shoveled out. In April I will be 70.

I had taken my two house cats, Tri and Jingles, and my Chihuahua, Chiquita, with me. I had placed in Lily's dog igloo the linens from my bed so that she would have my scent. I came home every day to play with both the feral cats in the cat house and with her. I spent several hours daily with all the critters - feeding, brushing and giving them fresh water that I purchased daily. I cleaned out the cats' litter boxes as well. I would add my clothing I'd worn the day before in the igloo for Lily to sleep on.

Usually when Louisiana has a hurricane, we who live in the northern parishes only get high winds at 30-40mph and loads of rain. Laura dumped 7" of rain where I live and hours and hours of 50-60mph winds. Never has a hurricane with those gales reached this far inland. Here is the map showing that she covered the entire state and pushed on up into the state above us, Arkansas:

I don't know when I'll be back on the board regularly, but know I do miss y'all and will be back as soon as I can.

In the meantime, I wish to express my deepest thanks to Addicted and Caoimhe for keeping up the board. Thanks to all of you who helped them hunt down requests.

Love and huggles to all! Suse 🤗😘
I'm located in Louisiana, USA.
Please donate to keep this board operating. Any dollar amount will be deeply appreciated.
Don't forget to leave your sentiments to our Birthday Members! 🎂