Text to audio app?

Get help and suggestions from other members
Heidi

Text to audio app?

Unread post by Heidi »

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good text to audio app? I travel quite a bit for my job and have tried loads of audio options for listening to books while travelling and none of them have been any good - I have tried Amazon audio books and I rarely like the voices and way they read the books for some reason -probably because many try to put on strange voices for character differentiation. I have also tried quite a few free apps on my phone where you can load your ebook and the app will read the text. The main problem I have with these is that there is no tone at all and quite often the audio doesn't pause for punctuation so it take a few seconds to actually grasp what is being read (by which time you have missed part of the story). I don't mind paying for an app on my phone but if I have to pay I want to make sure the app is good - recommendations would be really appreciated - thanks in advance
Booklover

Re: Text to audio app?

Unread post by Booklover »

I use Universal Book Reader Premium.
Please respect the admins, moderators, hunters and all the members who are posting books here.
Happy reading!

"Mother" of 2 rescue cats on earth.
"Mother" of one very special cat in heaven. ❤️️ G❤️️
Heidi

Unread post by Heidi »

thanks i will give it a try
max92

Unread post by max92 »

I use different apps for different OS, since I have multiple devices

For Windows: Calibre
For Android: AlReader
For iOS (Apple): Voice Dream Reader
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
- George Bernard Shaw
sniksnak
Former Staff

Unread post by sniksnak »

Moving this topic since it's not about books - from the eBook Social Club to E-readers & Software.
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
heathaaa

Unread post by heathaaa »

I use LIBRERA Pro...it's a pirates copy but I don't like ads so the free version irritated me a little. You can find the pay version for free by searching on Google (I just typed in LIBRERA Pro apk free and I was able to come up with many options). I like this particular app because you can take all your small file ebooks (pretty much all formats: epub, mobi, azw, azw3, fb2, txt, html, even zip and rar) and it reads the text from the ebook while showing the page of text you're on, as opposed to audiobooks which are really big file sizes. when you are not listening to an ebook but going thru your library using the app it shows the covers of all your ebooks and you can long-clivk in each one to read the book summaries (if the file has that info, most usually do) but it's nice to see the covers not just title and authors like other apps I have tried . I also like the fact that you can customize pretty much everything concerning the look and function of the entire app. Plus you can link it to your Google drive, & few other clouds that you may have ebooks stored at online so you don't have to fill up your phone. Anyway, this app isn't for everyone, my mom hated it she like Libby, but I hated that one so to each his or her own. Good luck, hope you at least try the free version on Google play to see if you like it, you can decide if it's for you by trying it out and if you like it and the ads don't bother you then that's great but if you're like me then you don't have to pay for it if you don't want to...but you can pay monthly for the paid version if you're feeling some type of way about downloading pirated stuff. Hope this helps you out. ;) :geek: :D
ntayeba

Unread post by ntayeba »

Hi 👋
My response may be a little late, but I really enjoy using the Speechify app. They have a subscription service plan, fortunately, I use it on their student discount. At first I used their free limited plan, but then I switched because I thought it was genuinely helpful for me. It’s very convenient for text to speech, and they have plenty of voice options. I also like how they have OCR, so I could upload photos of articles or research papers, and it would read it to me, which was very useful for some of my classes last semester!

I get sidetracked very easily with reading some texts, so I’ve found that the text to speech keeps me more on track than me reading and reading the same paragraph over and over again. I hope this helps anyone out!!! 😌👩🏻‍🌾