Text to audio app?

Get help and suggestions from other members
Heidi

Text to audio app?

Post by Heidi » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:38 am

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good text to audio app? I travel quite a bit for my job and have tried loads of audio options for listening to books while travelling and none of them have been any good - I have tried Amazon audio books and I rarely like the voices and way they read the books for some reason -probably because many try to put on strange voices for character differentiation. I have also tried quite a few free apps on my phone where you can load your ebook and the app will read the text. The main problem I have with these is that there is no tone at all and quite often the audio doesn't pause for punctuation so it take a few seconds to actually grasp what is being read (by which time you have missed part of the story). I don't mind paying for an app on my phone but if I have to pay I want to make sure the app is good - recommendations would be really appreciated - thanks in advance
Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind. - Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra (1605)

Booklover
Retired Moderator

Re: Text to audio app?

Post by Booklover » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:42 am

I use Universal Book Reader Premium.
Please respect the admins, moderators, hunters and all the members who are posting books here.
Happy reading!

Heidi

Post by Heidi » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:44 am

thanks i will give it a try
Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind. - Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra (1605)

max92

Post by max92 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:06 pm

I use different apps for different OS, since I have multiple devices

For Windows: Calibre
For Android: AlReader
For iOS (Apple): Voice Dream Reader
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
- George Bernard Shaw

sniksnak
Site Admin

Post by sniksnak » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:59 pm

Moving this topic since it's not about books - from the eBook Social Club to E-readers & Software.
I'm a bibliophile, ailurophile, cynophilist, and taphophile from the Deep South, USA.