What 2021 books are you most looking forward to?

Talk about eBooks with other enthusiasts
Sashay

What 2021 books are you most looking forward to?

Unread post by Sashay »

Hello hello!

Maybe I'm a bit late into the year to post this, but anyway, I wanted to read about the books you're anticipating. Any genre, feel free to ramble about why you're anticipating it (rambles are good).

Here are some of mine! (I'm adding links to GR and to download links when available (thank you AddictedToReading and Smasher, you're the real MVPs)).
- Klara and the Sun (Kazuo Ishiguro) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/541 ... nd-the-sun (already out but I'm still in my Korean lit kick so it'll have to wait) (here: https://ebookoz.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=62927&p=121005)
- The Absolute Book (Elizabeth Knox) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/547 ... olute-book (here: https://ebookoz.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=59369&p=114089)
- Sorrowland (Rivers Solomon) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48915089-sorrowland
- The Other Black Girl (Zakiya Dalila Harris) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/557 ... black-girl
- The Chosen and the Beautiful (Nghi Vo) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/541 ... -beautiful (I wasn't too sure about this one but the more I think about it, the more intrigued I am)
- A Psalm for the Wild-Built (Monk & Robot #1) (Becky Chambers) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/408 ... wild-built
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What 2021 books are you most looking forward to?

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

Sometimes rambling make things better :lol:

I've been so busy that I don't have much time for reading - At the moment, I am into mysteries that utterly distract me from everything and anything...

I am so spoiled with the many books available that I want to go ....eeny meeny miny moe... :oops:

I am open for suggestions......
If you download books, please consider
becoming a supporter
:D - Thanks everyone, this site would not be able to survive without the continuous support of members like you

Donate Here Image
halfwaytowhole
Donator/VIP
Donator/VIP

Unread post by halfwaytowhole »

I am thriller/ mystery genre lover. I decided to try audio books last month( I have never listened to one before)πŸ€” It was nice hearing the story but I will read these books myself.I will list some books that I enjoyed.
If You have *The Push by Ashley Audrain in your tbr pile...get to IT! LOL WOW
*The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner
The Affair by Danielle Steel
Her Dark Lies by J.T Ellison
*The Invisible Life Of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
*Confessions on the 7:45 By Lisa Unger
The Request by David Bell
The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher
Forgive Me by Susan Lewis
The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
Pretty Little Wife by Darby Kane
A Time for Mercy by John Grisham
The Vacation by T.M Logan
The Night Swim by Megan Goldin
The End Of Her by Shari Lapena
I got use to being able to do other things while I listened to the story! It is a cruel world where we are expected to do other things besides readingπŸ˜²πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I think I rambled enough!πŸ€—πŸ€—β€β€πŸ“šπŸ“š
Sashay

Unread post by Sashay »

AddictedToReading wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:12 am I am so spoiled with the many books available that I want to go ....eeny meeny miny moe... :oops:

I am open for suggestions......
Same about getting a tiiiiiny bit greedy lol.
I'm not huge into mysteries so I can't offer many suggestions unfortunately. From the "Meet the Authors of Spring's Biggest Mysteries" article, I have two on my to-read list, though: Every Last Fear by Alex Finlay, and The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner.
halfwaytowhole wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:49 pm I am thriller/ mystery genre lover. I decided to try audio books last month( I have never listened to one before)πŸ€” It was nice hearing the story but I will read these books myself.I will list some books that I enjoyed.
If You have *The Push by Ashley Audrain in your tbr pile...get to IT! LOL WOW
I DO have The Push in my TBR list too! I will follow your advice and get to it asap (I just started CJ Tudor's The Burning Girls though lol).
I have never listened to an audiobook... but I tried to listen to the Welcome to Night Vale podcast and literally fell asleep every time :( so no audiobooks for me (I can fall asleep reading regularly too, but I always jerk awake when I feel the Kindle sleeping from my hands - or when it dramatically hits me in the face)

Thank you both for sharing your 2021 books! :mrgreen:
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by siberian202angel »

Ooh, I have several highly anticipated books on my list!
At this moment I am alternating between mystery thrillers and romance novels ... anything that takes my mind off the state of the world right now.
One of my most anticipated book is the third one in the Friends Zone trilogy, Life's too short, by Abby Jimenez. The first two absolutely reduced me to a pile of mush. XD As a huge fan who has read all 19 books of the series so far, I also can't wait for Kathy Reich's Temperance Brennan series to continue with The Bone Code. Last but not least, I adored the Well Met series by Jen DeLuca and the third one comes out later this year, Well Matched. Several other authors I like are also going to have new books out, but these three are the ones I am most excited about.

Several of my friends don't like to sit down and immerse themselves in books, so they often listen to audiobooks as they do other things like cleaning, cooking or driving somewhere. Asides from the fact that I love sitting down and getting lost in the pages for hours, audiobooks aren't for me or anyone else who is hard of hearing. In order to understand, I need to read off lips, something that's impossible with a narrated audiobook.
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
Sashay

Unread post by Sashay »

siberian202angel wrote: ↑Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:33 am As a huge fan who has read all 19 books of the series so far, I also can't wait for Kathy Reich's Temperance Brennan series to continue with The Bone Code.

Several of my friends don't like to sit down and immerse themselves in books, so they often listen to audiobooks as they do other things like cleaning, cooking or driving somewhere. Asides from the fact that I love sitting down and getting lost in the pages for hours, audiobooks aren't for me or anyone else who is hard of hearing. In order to understand, I need to read off lips, something that's impossible with a narrated audiobook.
19 books! I have never read a series with that many books (unless we count Goosebumps when I was a kid lol). I did watchBones episodes though,it was pretty good, and I didn't even know it was originally based on a book!

Hmm, I see how some people may be into that sort of multi-tasking... but just like you, I like the feeling of getting lost in the pages. And that's true, I hadn't thought about people with hearing problems; on the other hand, it made me realize audiobooks can be great for those with visual impairments. It's fantastic to have the choice, tbh!

Thank you for sharing!
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sashay wrote: ↑Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:45 am
siberian202angel wrote: ↑Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:33 am Several of my friends don't like to sit down and immerse themselves in books, so they often listen to audiobooks as they do other things like cleaning, cooking or driving somewhere. Asides from the fact that I love sitting down and getting lost in the pages for hours, audiobooks aren't for me or anyone else who is hard of hearing. In order to understand, I need to read off lips, something that's impossible with a narrated audiobook.
Hmm, I see how some people may be into that sort of multi-tasking... but just like you, I like the feeling of getting lost in the pages. And that's true, I hadn't thought about people with hearing problems; on the other hand, it made me realize audiobooks can be great for those with visual impairments. It's fantastic to have the choice, tbh!
I can't sit still in fact I can't even watch a movie or TV without doing something else but when it comes to reading I delve into it without twitching or my mind wandering ......

It is the only time that is "me" time and my kids don't even try to bother me or ask me a question as I just blank them out.....
becoming a supporter
:D - Thanks everyone, this site would not be able to survive without the continuous support of members like you

Donate Here Image
Sashay

Unread post by Sashay »

AddictedToReading wrote: ↑Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:53 am I can't sit still in fact I can't even watch a movie or TV without doing something else but when it comes to reading I delve into it without twitching or my mind wandering ......

It is the only time that is "me" time and my kids don't even try to bother me or ask me a question as I just blank them out.....
I find it interesting that books allow you to sit still vs other forms of entertainment. And the comment about your kids made me giggle a little :lol: they must be great kids if they respect your boundaries and time for yourself when reading a book <3
Sashay

Unread post by Sashay »

(double posting because some time has passed since my previous post, hope it's ok)

[mention]halfwaytowhole[/mention] I finished The Push. It was a good one!

On another note, the first 2021-published book I did not finish was Laziness Does Not Exist. What an utter disappointment. I very rarely DNF books, but this was getting me on my nerves.
ntayeba

Unread post by ntayeba »

Omg I’m so excited for The Crown of Guilded Bones by Cora Reilly https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/552 ... lded-bones ;-;

I just recently finished the first book but I’m holding out for the 2nd one until this third one comes out so I can binge it. When I tell you I INHALED From Blood and Ash, it’s an understatement. I hope I can hold out reading the 2nd book until the 20th lol should I wait for the third one to binge it or pace myself!?

I’m going to be re-reading either way but still 😩😩
Bridie
Donator/VIP
Donator/VIP

Unread post by Bridie »

The last of the Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley. It's been nearly a year waiting for it to come out, so it will be devoured when I can get it.
It is called The Missing Sister and is due out in May. :)
Sashay

Unread post by Sashay »

ntayeba wrote: ↑Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:47 pm I hope I can hold out reading the 2nd book until the 20th lol should I wait for the third one to binge it or pace myself!?

I’m going to be re-reading either way but still 😩😩
Ohh I think I would pace myself personally (another form of saying I would not be able to not read the second book lol). It's only a couple of weeks away!

Bridie wrote: ↑Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:44 am The last of the Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley. It's been nearly a year waiting for it to come out, so it will be devoured when I can get it.
It is called The Missing Sister and is due out in May. :)
The last of a series is always kind of bittersweet, isn't it?
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by siberian202angel »

Bridie wrote: ↑Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:44 am The last of the Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley. It's been nearly a year waiting for it to come out, so it will be devoured when I can get it.
YES to that one too! :D
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

[mention]Bridie[/mention] [mention]siberian202angel[/mention]

Can you believe I haven't read the series yet :oops:

Will read it when the new book comes out
becoming a supporter

Donate Here Image
Bridie
Donator/VIP
Donator/VIP

Unread post by Bridie »

My all time favourite. I've not spoken to anyone who hasn't enjoyed it, no matter what genre they usually read.