Do you want to write a book?

Talk about eBooks with other enthusiasts
costaaex

Do you want to write a book?

Unread post by costaaex »

Hi friends, how are you? I hope that everything is great.
We love read a lot of books, but any time, do you imagine writting a book?
On December of 2015, my parents asking me about that, because I read average 80 books for year.
I told them that write a book is a great goal and it takes a lot of time.
But I told them that I'll try and I didn't write a book, but two books.
The name of my books are: An Anonymous Call and The Fact of Life
Unfortunately until now I could not publish my books, because here in Brazil the costs are very high.
But I want to know about you my friends!!!
Tell me if you want to write a book!!!
Booklover

Re: Do you want to write a book?

Unread post by Booklover »

No, I don't want to. I would't be good at it. But never say never...

Good luck with your books !
Please respect the admins, moderators, hunters and all the members who are posting books here.
Happy reading!

"Mother" of 2 rescue cats on earth.
"Mother" of one very special cat in heaven. ❤️️ G❤️️
Heidi

Unread post by Heidi »

I don't have enough imagination to write a book but I absolutely love reading them. I think I will stick to reading for the time being ....
AddictedToReading
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by AddictedToReading »

I was thinking of writing a recipe book in my mothers memory. All her famous recipes but so far its just an idea I'm playing with.
Have you ever thought of publishing your books self....?

Interesting article on it ....https://self-publishingschool.com/how-t ... sh-a-book/
If you download books, please consider
becoming a supporter
:D - Thanks everyone, this site would not be able to survive without the continuous support of members like you

Donate Here Image
costaaex

Unread post by costaaex »

AddictedToReading wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:07 am I was thinking of writing a recipe book in my mothers memory. All her famous recipes but so far its just an idea I'm playing with.
Have you ever thought of publishing your books self....?

Interesting article on it ....https://self-publishingschool.com/how-t ... sh-a-book/
Hi, how are you my friend?
Thanks for the link, I'll see!!!
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by siberian202angel »

I have dabbled in writing myself, but it was mostly just fan fiction of various length, and mainly during times in my life where I was jobless and had plenty of free time on my hands. As I grew older, it has completely fallen by the wayside and I notice I don't have the time or the heart for it anymore. Whatever time I do have, is spent with my nose buried in books of other writers. ;)
Good luck with your books! Have you looked into self publishing?
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
TheDarkOtter

Unread post by TheDarkOtter »

I have written several short stories through the course of my life, but I have never been very satisfied with the results; even after recieving high praise from those few I allow a glimpse. I have also gotten a bit lost in fan-fiction (hangs head in shame) because the characters and worlds are already created and you just have to move them through it. That can be quite satisfying and not require much time (as long as you do not become addicted) or effort to enjoy.

That being said, Fantasy is my happy place. I love the rich worlds full of magiks and heros awaiting their next impossible quest. And in this spirit, I have worked many years (a little here, a little there, kind-o thing) on a story and have a large, but as of yet, still incomplete outline. It is in desperate need of heavy editing and organization still, but.... Someday.... I hope.

Congratz on your two books! That is an amazing accomplishment, in which you should be very proud!
Nothing left to do but Smile, Smile, Smile. :D
OldKidsBookReader

Unread post by OldKidsBookReader »

I mean, I've written a book during quarantine, the first LItRPG in my country, but that's about it, I don't even think publishers want it... lol...

As for want, I really want to, just don't think I have enough intelligence to produce one.

I mean, to this day I struggle with reading rules XD
lilipink

Unread post by lilipink »

I have lots of ideas but I am really bad at writing lol so I don't think so.
MagicalBadger

Unread post by MagicalBadger »

Yes, I would love to write a book, but more than that I would love to have one published. I have written short stories and Novella, but never been published. One day I will. God willing