Looking for thrillers, horror or true crime recommendations

Talk about eBooks with other enthusiasts
aehterial

Looking for thrillers, horror or true crime recommendations

Unread post by aehterial »

Hi guys! Hope you are having a great day!

Do you have any recommendations for good dark thrillers/horror books? or true crime books? I want to read more about those genres. I´m currently reading The stranger beside me by Ann Rule and I´m really loving it!

I hope you can help me chosing my next read!

Thank you! :D
sniksnak
Former Staff

Re: Looking for thrillers, horror or true crime recommendations

Unread post by sniksnak »

I don't read much horror, but Dean Koontz and Stephen King come immediately to mind.

Dark thrillers - Thomas Harris, Alan Jacobson, Karin Slaughter, Blake Pierce, Caroline Kepnes, Richard Bachman (thriller pen name of Stephen King), Gillian Flynn, Robert F. Barker, Sharon J. Bolton, Clive Barker, John Connolly, Val McDermid, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. The latter are author and co-author. These are only a few of the many who write psychological thrillers that I enjoy.

True Crime - My two favorites are Gregg Olsen and M. William Phelps. Others that I've read and like are Don Lasseter, Kathryn Casey, Darcy O’Brien, Caitlin Rother, Susan D. Mustafa, Diane Fanning, Jack Olsen, and Jack Rosewood. Be sure that you read I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by the late Michelle McNamara if you haven't read it yet.

Be sure you check out the categories in Latest eBooks. There are a number of books in all the above genres you mention.

Happy reading! :)
Delete = destroy.
“You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with, so be brave enough to let go those who keep weighing you down.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour, Author
siberian202angel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by siberian202angel »

I'm adding the CJ Townsend series by Jilliane Hoffman into the mix, for dark thrillers. Kathy Reichs and Jeffery Deaver are other thrilling authors I enjoy immensely.
"Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world."
"There was death at its beginning, as there would be death again at its end."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you fail, you'll land among the stars."
Cookie88
Donator/VIP
Donator/VIP

Unread post by Cookie88 »

Aside from those already mentioned, I can also recommend J.A. Konrath and Joe Hill for horror genre. For crime, there's Michael Connelly, W.L Knightly & Phillip Margolin. You might also enjoy The Strain Trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro. 🤗
shining starts

Unread post by shining starts »

Hi there, This Sara Ali and I also loved some horror and true stories, I recommend you "" I Know What You Did Last Summer
by Lois Duncan"" my brother gift this on my BD, its really amazing work hope you like, if possible please do share your reading list with me- thanks.

Sara :)
vatvu1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Unread post by vatvu1 »

Hi aehterial! I finished reading 'My Lovely Wife' by Samantha Downing last night and I thought it was a lot of fun (it's also being very praised and talked about in the mystery/thriller community). For true crime, one of my favourite books last year was 'I'll Be Gone in the Dark' by Michelle McNamara. You may have already heard of it/read it because it was also very talked about but I really enjoyed it! Another one that also made me think a lot about and challenged my own views was 'The Fact of a Body: A Murder and a Memoir' by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich. Full-disclosure: none of them are really 'horror' stories but they all left me feeling unsettled in some kind of way. But maybe I'm just a chicken, hahaha :-)

Hope you find what you're looking for!
Globally2006*

Unread post by Globally2006* »

Hi aehterial

I can really recommend Chris Carter , his Robert Hunter series is a good mix of Thriller/Horror

Hope you find something to take your fancy :D
Gojlos

Unread post by Gojlos »

Like Globally2006 says, Chris Carter is very good. I loved reading those books.
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx.